T hought to be the oldest family owned business in Obion County, White-Ranson was founded as a partnership. White Ranson Funeral Home is still "locally owned" by the same family that founded it in 1906. The two brothers Gus B. White Sr. and Willie White named the business White Brothers Furniture and Undertaking Company. The first location was on First Street in Union City.
In 1922 Willie White sold his interest to Mr. J.L. Ranson and the business was operated as White-Ranson Funeral Home. The business was moved to its present location on 212 Washington Avenue, Union City in 1924.